Now you can enjoy both of Carol’s books in digital form. This option gives you the original PDF version of the printed book.
We have tested them on a Kindle and an iPad and they display very nicely.
Mapping Your Career Success
The print book from Amazon is $19.97 and the eBook via PayPal is just $9.77. Click the BUY NOW button below to purchase the eBook.
Mapping Your Career Success, Managers Edition
The print book from Amazon is $24.97 and the eBook via PayPal is just $14.77. Click the BUY NOW button below to purchase the eBook.
When you purchase either the print or the eBook versions, you will also receive a separate PDF that contains 40 pages of worksheets from the book, making it easier to print them out for your personal use.
Please note that on the Kindle you are somewhat limited as to display size because of the font sizing options. There are several ways to get the PDF onto your Kindle, just pick one that seems easy to you.
1. If your Kindle can browse the Internet, you can download it directly from the download page. Done! You may also want to download the PDF to your desktop or laptop (where you will always have a safe, permanent copy).
2. Or you can plug your Kindle into your computer, which will open a dialog box showing you what’s on your Kindle. Save the downloaded PDF to your desktop (where you will always have a safe, permanent copy) then simply drag the icon for the eBook into the Kindle contents box. It will fly over in just seconds. That’s it!
As you probably know, the iPad has not yet made it too easy to add PDFs. There are plenty of options, though. Here are just a few; pick one that suits your techno taste.
1. If you simply click from your iPad on the link we give you, the entire book will download in your browser window (Safari) for immediate reading. As long as you keep that tab open in your browser, the book will be there.
2. You can download the PDF to your desktop or laptop (where you will always have a safe, permanent copy) then drag the PDF icon into iTunes to sync it over to your iPad.
3. After you download the PDF to your computer, you can simply email the file to yourself, sending it to the email address you can access on your iPad. This should only take a few minutes, even over wifi. When the email arrives on your iPad, this is what you’ll see:
After the book opens on your iPad, this is how a page looks, with the convenient thumbnail bar along one side (which can also be hidden).
4. After the PDF is downloaded, you can move it to a better location. For best results with the iPad, view the PDF from your iBooks app. If you haven’t installed that app yet, it’s free in the App Store. To move the file into iBooks, tap and hold the attachment icon until the option window opens and then select: “Open in iBooks” option or choose: “Open in…” which displays your options as seen in this screenshot.
5. For added productivity, install the free app: PDF Reader Lite (get it in the App Store). That will also allow you to highlight passages, copy text and much more. It’s a great app. (see screenshot below, showing pop-up toolbar.) Or you may prefer a more robust paid app. The best rated one is GoodReader ($4.99) in the app store. If you like to read a variety of document types, then this would be a great app to buy.